Psalm 19:9: …. The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous.
The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever: to fear God is sanctification. When we recognize His perfection we are instantly aware of our own imperfections, sins, failures (remember the Prophet Isaiah asking for the live coal to purify him (Isaiah 6)). That reverent awe compels us to purge away all the filth of this world. Enthroning Jesus in our hearts, giving Him preeminence, enables us to see sin the way He sees sin….
· The fear of the Lord means to stand in awe of God, to reverence and respect Him:
o The beginning of wisdom Psalm 11:110
o The beginning of knowledge Proverbs 1:7
o To hate all evil, pride, arrogance and the evil way Proverbs 8:13
o Prolongs days Proverbs 10:27
o Is strong confidence Proverbs 14:26
o Is a fountain of life Proverbs 14:27
o Is the instruction of wisdom Proverbs 15:33
o By it men depart from evil Proverbs 16:6
o Tends to life Proverbs 19:23
o True humility and fear of the Lord lead to riches, honor, and long life. Proverbs 22:4
· Spurgeon: “Filth brings decay, but cleanliness is the great foe of corruption.”
· 1 Peter 1:23-25: Having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever, because “All flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls away, but the word of the Lord endures forever.”
One of the first things people ask about Sudan, Christian or not, is, “What exactly do you do as a missionary?” They want to know if we clothe, and feed, and bring medicine. When I tell them FRM concentrates on bringing them God’s Word and discipleship. The next question is always, “Do they receive that kind of message?” I can say with great confidence, “YES!” The Word breaks through worldviews, culture, tradition, language barriers, and ideals because it is absolutely true and its timeless.
Africa is a giant black hole because the need is so great no effort of man can ever fill it.
· There were 160 metric tons of food dropped into Sudan daily, yet people are still starved to death.
· Celebrities organized a campaign and called upon us to “do the red thing,” so that medical help can be provided to the 31 million people dying of AIDS in Sub Saharan Africa.
· But what about the 14 million AIDS orphans, who will help them?
· On top of that, malaria kills over 3,000 kids every day, even though it is a treatable disease.
What eternal good are we doing for Africa if we feed, clothe and cure them only to send them to hell?
What Africa needs is Jesus….
What America needs is Jesus…
What your family needs is Jesus…
The power to bring Jesus to this dying world is in the Word.
The ONLY hope for this world is Jesus.
Precious sisters, give away His word to anyone who will listen.
IT IS WHAT THEY NEED TODAY AND
WHAT THEY WILL NEED FOR ALL THEIR TOMORROWS TOO!
Go play in His fields today….
Sow, Water, & Reap…
Be about the business of Jesus…because…
Jesus desires to bring forth a great harvest of souls in this day! (John 9:4)