Vicky Bentley’s Blog
This moment is yours…
Today…humans are creatures of the moment. The past is gone; the future is unknown, only this current moment is ours. The great reality of our redemption is that all the blessedness of eternity has been gathered up to this very moment….all Christ offers is ours TODAY…all we need to do is believe it and walk in it.
· That sounds pretty simple, yet I mess it up all the time!
· Beware of delay! So often when God whispers, “Today my daughter…” I respond with, “Lord, tomorrow is better for me…”
o Story of little Jenn. Loved God, asked women for prayer, mom got saved through her example. Ali and Haley sick with malaria, I did not take the two extra minutes to go and pray for her and she died….I hesitated, delayed a few minutes, hardened my heart, and lost my chance forever!
o Delaying never makes obedience or surrender easier….only harder. We think by waiting the strength to obey will come and the pain of the sacrifice will diminish, that greater understanding will make us more eloquent…that is all a lie.
· Jesus lived in immediate whole hearted submission to the Words of His Father. Look at the gospel of Mark and see how often the word immediately appears!
· Why then would we do any less?
· Delay actually closes our heart to the Comforter and to growth.
· God can’t give us more instruction until we obey what He has already told us.
o Has it been awhile since the Lord spoke to you?
o What was the last thing you remember Him saying?
o Did you obey it? If not, go back and do what He said now…Then more revelation will come your way!
o Whenever anything begins to disintegrate your life with Jesus Christ, turn to Him at once and ask Him to establish rest. Never allow anything to remain which is making the dis-peace. Take every element of disintegration as something to wrestle against, and not to suffer. Say—‘Lord, prove Thy consciousness in me’, and self-consciousness will go and He will be all in all ~ Oswald Chambers